Blackened Chicken and Shrimp “Alfredo” (spaghetti squash)
For the blackened shrimp and chicken:
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons paprika
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
½ pound fresh shrimp, deveined
3-4 chicken breast strips
For the Alfredo:
1 medium spaghetti squash
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
1 tablespoons coconut flour (your choice, added for thickness)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
½ cup of halved cherry tomatoes (I added for texture and color)
- Preheat of oven to 350 degrees. Cut squash in half and take out the seeds and discard. Pierce squash with knife in several places. Place on baking sheet or shallow pan face down and add water to the bottom of the tray. Bake 30-50 minutes or until the squash is fork-tender.
- After cooking, scrape the flesh with fork to separate the spaghetti-like strands. (Note: you can also cut squash in half, cover lightly with plastic wrap and place in a bowl with ½-inch of water and microwave for 20 minutes on high or until tender).
Blackened Chicken and Shrimp
- To prepare shrimp and chicken, heat large pan on high for 1–2 minutes.
- Add olive oil.
- Add garlic and chicken. Cook chicken thoroughly. Add shrimp and remaining ingredients and stir to thoroughly coat with spices.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- To prepare the “Alfredo” sauce, heat olive oil in a sauté pan over high and stir in minced garlic. Cook for one minute, stirring occasionally. Add coconut milk and coconut flour. Make sure the powder is thoroughly mixed into the coconut milk.
- Add tomatoes and stir
- Cook over medium high heat until it just starts to boil, stirring or whisking constantly until the mixture thickens. This should take about 5-8 minutes. Add other ingredients while continuing to stir during this 5-8 minutes.
- Add blackened shrimp and chicken to sauce and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve sauce over “noodles”
This was so delicious, full of vegetables and protein…. It was nice and easy, the longest part of the preparation was the spaghetti squash. You can always prepare before and freeze or refrigerate. This was so tasty! Enjoy!