Quick Healthy Meal: Shrimp and Sausage Stir Fry/Gumbo (makes 6-8 servings)
- 2 medium onions diced
- 1 of each (red, green, yellow) bell peppers sliced
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3/4 zucchini sliced
- 1 package of turkey kielbasa sliced
- 1-1 1/2 lb of large shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon salt & pepper
- 1 cup of chicken bone broth
- 1 tbs minced garlic
- 2 tbs of olive oil
*** you can add any salt free seasonings of your choice.
Quick Healthy Meal: Shrimp and Sausage Stir Fry/Gumbo
- Slice and Dice all of the veggies and spices
- Pour 1 tbs of oil in the wok or pan
- Allow to heat up, then add onions and garlic, saute’ until soft and the aroma is strong
- Add in the peppers and saute’ until soft
- Add in sausage and cook to liking.
- Add in shrimp, then season w/ salt and pepper
- Add in zucchini and carrots and 1 tbs of oil, sauce util tender
- Add in broth and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes, until everything is tender and covered in broth.
- Let sit for 10 minutes and ENJOY!